What is life like as an expat in your area?
When we asked people living abroad what life is like in their areas and how people spend their time, they said...
"Expat life in Jamaica is full of adventure, with numerous opportunities to experience the vibrant local culture, beautiful scenery, friendly people, and fascinating history. For digital nomads, the dream of living and working abroad in a warm and sunny location is made a reality, as Jamaica offers fast and reliable internet access, as well as cultural immersion. There are also opportunities to mix work and leisure, with a range of activities to be enjoyed, from snorkelling and diving to trekking and exploring rainforests. Expats and digital nomads in Jamaica can expect a traditional Caribbean experience where the famously laid-back attitude prevails and wonderful opportunities await to relax, grow, and make new friends," said a member in Jamaica.
"I am not directly in Spanish Town. I am in a beautiful community called 'Green Acres'. There seems to be a number of retired citizens, who enjoy playing dominoes and socializing," remarked another expat who made the move to Spanish Town, Jamaica.
- What do I need to know before moving to Jamaica?
- How do I find a place to live in Jamaica?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Jamaica?
- What is the average cost of housing in Jamaica?
- Should I buy or rent a home in Jamaica?
- What should I pack when moving to Jamaica?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Jamaica?
- Why do people move to Jamaica?
- What are healthcare services like in Jamaica?
- What are medical services in Jamaica like?
- What are typical rents in Jamaica?
- What appliances are typically included in a rental?
What is life like as an expat in your area?If you live in Jamaica, newcomers to Jamaica would love to hear your answer to this question.
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is one of the founders of Digital Nomad Exchange and the Founder and President of Expat Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange and Digital Nomad Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.